Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome

This website is the beginning of a conversation between me and the people of the 6th legislative district. Over the next year, I will begin to discuss the issues facing the people here in Maryland. I plan to discuss my thoughts on the state of our State and on my thoughts on what we as a people can do to become a stronger Maryland in the future.

To begin this open discussion, I should tell you about myself. My name is Matthew Newman and I am a 25 year old engineering consultant. I was raised in upstate New York and received my Bachelors and Masters in chemical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. I met my wife in graduate school while completing my Masters work. We moved to Maryland in mid-2008 and are currently expecting our first child. We live in the 6th legislative district, which is currently represented by Delegates Weir, Minnick, and Olszewski.

I have not lived in this state long, but I already have ideas for my new home state. I want to share these thoughts for the place where I and my son will soon call home. I thank you for your and I hope to share more with the few readers I gather in the future.

No comments: